The South American Conference on Migration (SACM) or Lima Process aims to provide a platform for consultations for South American countries in the primary areas of development; diasporas; rights of migrants; integration; information exchange; migration statistics; climate change; counter-trafficking and counter-smuggling. Its current priorities are:
- Ensuring respect for the human rights of migrants regardless of their status;
- Promotion of discourse on migration in relation to development;
- Strengthening of dialogue and political coordination among States;
- Highlighting the significance of migrants' contributions to the welfare and cultural enrichment of societies in countries of origin; and
- Promoting the participation of representatives from civil society.