We want all members of the Migration Network Hub community to have a productive, collegial and safe experience. Accordingly, all site users and any contributions they make must comply with this Code of Conduct. By engaging with the Migration Network Hub you accept and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct.
Within this Code of Conduct, "contribution" means any material posted or uploaded to our websites by any member of the public, including any text, links, photographs, graphics, video or audio material.
Users must not:
- Use the Migration Network Hub to send offensive or harassing material to other users;
- Publish defamatory and/or knowingly false material about any person, other users or entities;
- Reveal confidential information in a personal online posting, upload or transmission - including financial information and information relating to customers, business plans, policies, staff and/or internal discussions relating to any entity;
- Undertake deliberate activities that undermines the purpose of the Migration Network Hub;
- Introduce any form of malicious software into the community.
- Must not plagiarize or violate copyright, database, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal or proprietary rights of any kind. Therefore, users will generally need the explicit permission from copyright owners of any existing articles, news reports, music, video clips or other copyrighted material before posting them to the website.
- Must not contain unlawful, objectionable, disruptive, offensive, harassing, threatening, defamatory, obscene, abusive, hateful, inflammatory, profane, racially offensive, sexually offensive, or religiously offensive content. Please be respectful and civil to other members, even if you disagree with them. Debates should be productive and founded on constructive criticism.
- Must address migration-related topics. Contributions must not contain unsuitable or irrelevant website addresses or URLs. Links to pornography, commercial or other inappropriate content will be deleted.
- Must stay on track and be relevant to the interaction or discussion you are contributing to.
- Must not promote illegal behaviour. Contributions must not contain violent or sexually explicit material or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) terrorist acts, copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Must not misrepresent their origins. Contributions and/or usernames may not be used to impersonate any other person, to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person, or to give the impression that they emanate from the United Nations when this is not the case.
- Must not involve any flooding, spamming or advertising. Flooding is when the same comment is posted over and over in the same forum; spamming is the posting of the same comment (or very similar) to more than one forum. All advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail and any other forms of commercial solicitation are prohibited.
- Are public - unless specified otherwise in a particular ‘closed’ discussion - and may appear in public search results. Accordingly, users should not post personal details or information that should not be publicly available.
Users who violate these rules and contribution guidelines will be sent a warning message by the Migration Network Hub team identifying the issue at stake and notifying them that the post will not be approved. Users who repeat offenses after receiving warnings will be banned from the site. Migration Network Hub administrators reserve the right to ban a user without warning upon first offense of this code of conduct.
If you reasonably believe that any contribution to the Migration Network Hub made by another user contravenes this Code of Conduct and/or any of the Website Terms, please notify site administrators or flag the content accordingly.
The Migration Network Hub team will periodically revise the Code of Conduct by amending this page. Please visit this page regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made as they are legally binding.