The Executive Committee
The Executive Committee provides overall guidance to the work of the Network, setting strategic priorities to support Member States in the effective implementation, follow-up and review of the GCM, including in the International Migration Review Forum established in the GCM.
The Executive Committee supports IOM in coordinating the work of the Network, overseeing coherent country- and regional-level Network support, and ensuring effective collaboration with existing coordination mechanisms and stakeholders.
The Executive Committee provides overarching guidance for reporting by the Network to the Secretary-General.
The Executive Committee, working with other members of the Network, decides on the annual workplan for the Network, determines the establishment, focus and composition of the Working Groups, including their chairperson arrangements; supports the development of their work plans; and develops collaborative processes by which to oversee their effectiveness and ongoing relevance.
The Executive Committee oversees the capacity building mechanism’s connection hub and global knowledge platform. Members of the Executive Committee also serve on the multi-partner decision-making body of the capacity building mechanism’s start-up fund.
Executive Committee members are jointly responsible for the Network attaining its objectives and adhering to its working principles. They provide, as appropriate, technical and/or human resources to the Network’s Secretariat.
The current members of the Executive Committee are:
- Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA)
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)