The Network Coordinator is IOM. The Director General of IOM or his/her designee serves in this capacity. The Network Coordinator has primary responsibility for:
- Fostering collaboration and consensus among Network members in all aspects of its functioning and work, and ensuring effective collaboration with existing coordination mechanisms and stakeholders;
- Working with Network members to identify priorities and opportunities for action by the Network, focusing on the added value of coordinated work;
- Convening and ensuring the smooth functioning of the Network, including the capacity building mechanism;
- Facilitating regular interaction between the Principals of the Executive Committee.
- Briefing the UN system, Member States and other stakeholders on the activities of the Network;
- Proactively identifying funding opportunities for Network operations, with the support of the Executive Committee;
- Maintaining an effective Secretariat in support of the Network.
The Coordinator's Briefings in 2021
The Coordinator's Briefing - 19 October 2021
The Coordinator's Briefing - 24 June 2021
Recording of the Briefing
The Coordinator's Briefing - 18 March 2021
Member State Interventions
Recording of the Coordinator's Briefing 18 March 2021