A Network Secretariat was established under the overall authority of the Director General of IOM.
The Secretariat is staffed by IOM and is also be open to secondments from UN system partners.
The Secretariat is responsible for servicing the work of the Network.
The Network Secretariat functions include:
- Providing support to all constituent parts of the Network in the discharge of their functions;
- Supporting collaboration between all constituent parts of the Network and between the Network members and existing UN system coordination mechanisms, as well as external partners;
- Collating and suggesting issues for action within the Network;
- Coordinating the preparation of an annual work plan for the Network, in line with inputs from Network members;
- Facilitating the Network’s support to the capacity building mechanism;
- Overseeing the preparation of the Network’s reporting to the Secretary-General, based on inputs from Network members;
- Facilitating preparations for the Network’s annual meeting and meetings of the Network and its Executive Committee;
- Facilitating the Network’s support to Member States in their follow-up and review of the GCM;
- Timely dissemination of minutes and records of meetings and decisions taken; and
- Monitoring the implementation of decisions.