Peer Review Roster Application Process
Español Français русский
Dear experts, stakeholders and colleagues,
We look forward to receiving your applications and also invite you to register via the IMISCOE Migration Research Hub Expert Roster to build up a larger, publicly available database of experts that can support GCM implementation, which the Migration Network Hub links to.
Core Working Group 1.2 of the UN Network on Migration (Network) on establishing a Knowledge Platform and Connection Hub would like to invite expressions of interest for the forthcoming peer review expert roster of the Hub.
The aim of this expert roster is to serve as peer reviewers of newly developed content of the Network and other inputs for the Hub. Conflicts of interest need to be declared before content is reviewed.
Selection criteria for members of the peer review roster include the following:
- Diversity: Geographical, gender, linguistic balance with representation of applicants from a policy/technical/practitioner background
- Covering each of the 23 objectives and 3 cross-cutting issues (gender, human rights, children)
- 5-10 years of experience, track record of publications related to migration desirable (with indication of area(s) of expertise, and supported by published works on the topic(s) if applicable)
- Voluntary basis, availability to review documents etc. twice a year
- Review of content (see types below) by at least 1 internal (UN) and 1 external (non-UN) peer reviewer for quality control, with transparency in methodology used (if applicable) and need to demonstrate applicability for implementing the GCM at local, national, regional or global level
- In case of disagreement among peer reviewers that cannot be resolved by the Hub team, a third reviewer will be consulted.
Content types that require peer review:
- New content uploaded by external users to the Hub (such as platforms, studies, handbooks, infographics, videos, datasets)
- Periodic review of existing content on the Hub.
Content types that do not require peer review:
- Existing resources and tools recommended by working groups of the UN Network on Migration
- Working Group and other UN Network on Migration outputs (policy briefs, working papers for instance)
If interested in being considered for the peer review roster, please register or complete the form below to submit an application.
About the Migration Network Hub
What is the Migration Network Hub?
The Hub is a virtual “meeting space” where governments, stakeholders and experts can access and share migration-related information and services. It provides curated content, analysis and information on a variety of topics.
The Hub aims to support UN Member States in the implementation, follow-up and review of the Global Compact for Migration by serving as a repository of existing evidence, practices and initiatives, and facilitating access to knowledge sharing via online discussions, an expert database and demand-driven, tailor-made solutions (launching in 2021).
Submit your content
What content is displayed in the Hub?
The Hub aims to help you find information on migration, ranging from policy briefs and journal articles, existing portals and platforms and what they offer, to infographics and videos. The different types of resources submitted by users undergo peer review by a panel of experts from within the UN and beyond, before being approved for inclusion in the Hub. To provide guidance to users based on findings of the needs assessment, the content is ordered so that more comprehensive and global resources are shown before more specific and regional ones. Know a great resource? Please submit using the links above and your suggestion will be reviewed. Please see the draft criteria for existing practices here.
Apply to join the Peer Review Roster
Content submitted to the Migration Network Hub is first peer reviewed by experts in the field from both the UN and beyond. Applications are welcomed to join the roster on an ongoing basis. Learn more here.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions, please contact us